Thursday, January 12, 2017

Tattoos

A story painted in our body


I always been interested in tattoos and body modifications since I was a little girl.
In times before tattoos weren't as popular as they do now in the present days.
In my home town it wasn't very popular to see tattooed or pierced people walking on the streets, but on a beautiful day I went to buy some craft stuff because I used to do some craft things and I met a beautiful girl with tattoos and her lips pierced. I was staring at her and she went, Hi! 
I used to don't be afraid to talk to people and we started a conversation about tattoos and body modification, it wasn't a very long conversation, I think, but I still remember asking if it hurted, and she responses like if we really like it and you really want to do it, the pain is worth.
I left the store thinking, I want to be like that girl when I grow up. Haha!
I was 12 years old back then, and I did my first piercing at 16 years old. I still have the hole and sometimes I put the piercing for fun. I was 18 years old when I did my first and only tattoo in my wrist. In the age of 19 years old I started to stretch my ear lobes to the point they are today, 14mm.
I want to stretch them more but I'm not really sure what size I want to stop, and I surely want to do more tattoos, I crave for them, I wish I had the money available to start doing more.
Since I don't but I'm into that subject a lot, why do not learn a little bit more about tattoos.





  • To be inspired by other person's tattoos it's ok but to steal other's customized custom designed tattoos from other people is wrong.
  • It was illegal to get a tattoo in New York city between 1961 and 1997.
  • In Massachusetts, tattooing was illegal all the way up until 2000.
  • Tattoos have been part of the human experience since the Stone Age.
  • Fifty years ago, tattoos were the watermark of rebels and social outcasts.
  • Your tattoo ages with you.
  • Depending on the size and variation of colors in the tattoo, your skin can be pierced between 50 and 3,000 times per minute.
  • Your tattoo experience will vary according to the location and tattoo artist that you choose.
  • Pain experience while receiving a tattoo depends on the individual.
  • Receiving a tattoo has been described as simmilar to getting stung by a bee or getting a sunburn.
  • The Latin word for tattoo is stigma.
  • Urine mixed with coal dust was used as tattoo color.
  • The existing tattoo designs displayed in a tattoo shop are known as"flash".
  • UV tattoos are created with ink that is completely invisible in normal daylight  but glows brightly under ultraviolet light.
  • In the U.S. are more tattooed woman than men (23% vs 19%) according to a 2012 survey.
  • The first professional tattoo artist in the U.S. was a german immigrant, Martin Hildebrandt, who arrived in Boston in 1846.
  • A tattoo machine has four parts: 1.the needle; 2.the tube that holds the ink; 3.an electric motor and 4.a foot pedal to control the movement.
  • The man who invented tattoo machines in 1891 was a New Yorker tattoo artist named Samuel O'Reilly. He based his design on the autographic printer, anengraving machine  invented by Thomas Edison.
  • Tattoo is one of the most misspelled words in the English language.
  • The word tattoo derives from the Polynesian word "ta", which describes the sound of tattooing spike being hit against skin.
  • "Holiday" is the name given to the area where the color of the tattoo has faded.
  • A tattoo is etched in the second layer of the skin, the dermis.
  • The most popular tattoo images are angels and hearts.
  • Sailors used to get King Neptune and sea turtle tattoos to express they've sailed across the Equator.
  • The title for the most famous of all criminal tattoos goes to the Japonese Mafia, the Yakuza. It's members wear intricate and traditional designs in a full-body suit that can be hidden entirely from view with clothes, as a sign of their commitment to the gang.
  • For the Ainu women in Japan, tattoos of giant-sized lipson their faces were customary. Lip tattoing was seen as a mark of maturity and believed to repel evil spirits.
  • The longest tattoo session ever, lasted a grand total of 50 hours and 10 minutes.
  • The most tattooed man in the world is Gregory Paul Mclaren, also known as Lucky Diamond Rich.
  • The richest tattoo artist in the world, Scott Campbell, charges 1000 dollars per hour and only works on the weekends.
  • Until the 1970s "nice girls" had to have marriage licenses and be accompanied by their husband to get a tattoo.
  • While filming "xXx", actor Vin Diesel had a fake tattoo in his stomach, the name Melkor. It was revealed that it was the name of Diesel's character on a game of which he was a big fan, Dangeons & Dragons.
  • Queen Kamamalu of Hawaii was the first person ever to get a tongue tattoo and she did so out of grief when her mother died in the 1820s.
  • 32% of people with tattoos claim they're "addicted" to ink.
  • Tribal tattoos are the most common design requests.
  • Archaeologists have discovered tools in France, Portugal and Scandinavia that were probably used for tattooing. These are at least twelve thousand years old or from the time of the last Ice Age.












No comments: